Application Fee Grants for International Professional Recognition Council (IPRC) Recognition of Research Managers and Administrators in Africa
DEADLINE: 16 February 2024
The Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA) invites research management practitioners to express an interest to be a funded candidate to cover their professional recognition application fees. The professional recognition application fees will be sponsored for selected candidates from funded progammes (refer to acknowledgements).
Competitive research environments require efficient and responsive individuals with specialised administrative, managerial and strategic skills to strengthen the research mission and intensity of the organisation. The International Professional Recognition Council (IPRC) was established as an autonomous body of expert research managers to recognise these individuals as professionals.
Professional recognition is awarded through the review of a portfolio of evidence by peers on the IPRC and it is granted to research managers/administrators for their professional knowledge, based on prior learning, experience, functional and transferable expertise. The IPRC recently launched a call for applications for professional recognitions in the following categories:
Research Administrator Professional (RAP), Research Management Professional (RMP) and Senior Research Management Professional (SRMP). Read more about the IPRC here.
Details of the IPRC application fee grants
The award will fund the professional recognition application fee of the selected candidates for the following professional designations:
- Research Administrator Professional (RAP)
- Research Management Professional (RMP)
- Senior Research Management Professional (SRMP)
- Research Management and Administration staff members in one of the institutions participating in the Science Granting Councils Initiative (SGCI)
- Eligible participating countries: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Citizens or legal Permanent Residents of one of the following SADC Members states (excluding South Africa)
- Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Employed in a research management role, at an administrative, management or leadership level (as relevant) at an organisation based in Africa (in the participating countries listed above).
- Research Management and Administration practitioners that typically support researchers directly or support the research life cycle in some way or the other, including research policy or strategy development.
- Active member of a research management association: regional and international association E.g., Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA); West African Research and Innovation Management Association (WARIMA); East African Research and Innovation Management Association (EARIMA); Central African Research and Innovation Management Association (CARIMA); Northern African Research and Innovation Management Association (NARIMA), European Association of Research Managers and Administrators (EARMA), etc.
How to apply for the fees grant
- Express your interest in an IPRC professional recognition application fee grant by following this link: EoI link
- Complete and submit the full professional recognition by the submission closing date. Refer to the IPRC Call for applications for details: IPRC call details
Process to be expected by applicant
- Your expression of interest for an application fee grant will be reviewed against the completed IPRC online application.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- SARIMA will process the application invoice for the selected candidate.
NB: Applicants that have not received communication by 12 April 2024 on the Application Fees Grant must process their own payment before the payment closing date (IPRC call details) to ensure that their application is reviewed by the IPRC.
Please direct enquiries to Ms Zimasa Sobuza: firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Granting Councils Initiative: Science Granting Councils Initiative (SGCI) II
Strengthening Research and Innovation Management in SADC: Strengthening Research and Innovation Management (SRIM II)